Thursday 16 January 2014

PBaE Rock Revolution update.

There is some hope for the Rock Revolution files. zzUrbanSpaceman was able to extract a set of Rock Revolution MIDI files for me. A huge thank you to him for making these files and many other aspects of this project possible. Unfortunately the Rock Revolution files are very different from the Rock Band and Guitar Hero files and I have not been able to figure out how they are mapped after spending the last few hours looking at them. I included a couple of screenshots just to give you guys an idea of how different they are. The first one is Pull Me Under on expert drums from Rock Revolution and the other one is Pull Me Under on drums from Guitar Hero World Tour on all four difficulties. I will post an update if I have any success getting the Rock Revolution files to work.



Something else I wanted to get some feedback on. There are a lot of songs that I still need to make and have been having a hard time keeping up with all of them. It would take me a bit of time but I could make a tutorial on how to convert the MIDI files to Rock Band and Guitar Hero format for those of you that would like to make your own songs rather than wait for me to finally get around to making them. Like I said it will take a bit of time to make a tutorial but if there's some interest I don't mind doing it. I am also thinking about remaking the instructional video on how to use PBaE some time soonish to include instructions for Guitar Hero format files and the new server so if there is anything anybody thinks I should include in that video let me know in the comments. 

I am going to move the last of the files to the new server today and going to try and make 10 or 15 new songs later this week and I will post a quick update for those when I make them.

4 comments:

  1. any chance of seeing rock band 2 beats and/or rock band 1 vocals?

    and how is progress on rock band 3 pro instruments going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great, that way anyone could help on the proyect and help you up doing the songs we all want, it takes its time but its not that hard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a tutorial, Randy. As of late I've just been playing around with Reaper, but it'd be nice to see how you make these (properly).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback guys. When I get some time I will try to make a tutorial video for each type of file and upload them along with a new and improved version of the video PBaE instructions.

      Delete