Thursday 10 July 2014

Discontinued achievements issue 2 - Lips, Dawn of War 2

It was brought to my attention today that the Lips servers closed on July 8 2014. It was confirmed by a forum post on the Xbox forums. No warning or reason was given for the server closure. I was ver disappointed these servers went down. I actually had planned on doing all of the online achievements for the game tomorrow. I think it is pretty bad to see a game published by Microsoft Studios go down without any warning at all. I started a thread on the forums asking to bring the servers back. It's probably pretty unlikely that anything will happen, but I though I would give it a shot. I would appreciate that if any of you that want the servers back would make a brief post in the forum voicing your support. The Link is below.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_360_games/l_o/lips_games/f/1846/t/1790538.aspx

After yesterday's blog post, TBreit pointed out to me that Steam currently has an opt in beta for the Steamworks version of Dawn of War 2. I checked and confirmed this morning that it is still there. It looks like the Steamworks patch is closer than I thought so I would finish off the game as soon as possible if you intend on grabbing all of the achievements.


No comments:

Post a Comment