Saturday 3 August 2013

Project Bombs and Eternity - update 9 - new songs, file fixed, and clarification.

I have finally finished my move and gotten internet in my new apartment so I should have some time to start working on PBaE again. I made a few songs while I was without internet and just got them uploaded. I fulfilled a few Van Halen related requests as well as a Run to the Hills request and I added all of the drum related AC/DC Rock Band track pack songs all of these have been added in both MIDI pro format and Guitar Hero format.

I had a question relating to the Guitar Hero format Reaper project files. They are for use with the MIDI input on Guitar Hero drum sets. I intend to make a video tutorial for these files in the future when I catch the Guitar Hero files up to the MIDI pro files. For anyone without a MIDI pro adapter that wants to get a head start, the process is identical except you plug the MIDI cable into the drum set's MIDI input instead of the MIDI pro adapter.

Thank you to JTB for pointing out a mistake in my Brain Stew/Jaded file that was uploaded. JTB noticed that the intensity of the notes was around 30 or 40 instead of what I now use which is normally 100 or higher. I had a few messages that only that song was not functioning correctly and missing notes for some people. I have changed the note intensities and re uploaded the file so any of you that were having difficulties with this one should give it another go. Thank you again to JTB for pointing out and fixing this error.

Next up will be the Green Day Rock Band songs for the gold star related achievements and the rest of Guitar Hero Van Halen on drums and vocals.

9 comments:

  1. This is pretty amazing that you're taking the time to do all of these, and for that I thank you. I'm curious, do you know if something like this would be possible to do for the guitar/bass/keyboard (RB3) instruments? You've piqued my interest now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not possible for guitar and bass because there is no standard guitar with a MIDI input. It is possible, however, for pro guitar and pro bass. It is very possible for keyboard and pro keyboard and it is something I am going to work on when I finish making all of my planned charts for drums and audio files for vocals.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I see, thanks for the quick response. It seems you've got some big plans ahead of you with this project. All the best with it. Cheers.

      Delete
    3. Yup. I just have to find the time to do it all.

      Delete
    4. I'd really like to see the Pro Guitar trainers! Does anyone know of a way to emulate an xbox guitar controller on PC? i cannot beat the expert career in World Tour because of the System of a Down song.

      Delete
  2. I have been trying to use the ACDC tracks and It seems to line up perfectly then randomly it will miss 1 not then get back in the groove then miss another couple of notes. Is it timing still or is there a setting I may be missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have exactly the same problem. It seems to be an issue with the tracks packs. It is possible that it might work with a Guitar Hero drum set but I am not sure yet.

      Delete
    2. Thanks I have both drum kits I may try it tomorrow. Any plays on laying out any more vocal tracks?

      Delete
    3. I have a few more waiting to be uploaded. I have been having internet troubles for the past few days so I haven't been able to upload the files I have made. Harmonies are in the works as well.

      Delete